In 2018, the judges of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida (the “Court”) formed a standing Bankruptcy Lawyers Advisory Committee (the “LAC”).
The LAC has been created to recommend changes to bankruptcy practice and procedures to the Court, including:
- To receive requests from the Court to consider issues relating to, arising from, and/or affecting the practice of law before the Court;
- To recommend to the Court changes in bankruptcy practice and/or procedures throughout the district;
- To act as a liaison between the Court and bankruptcy law practitioners throughout the district;
- To develop, implement, and maintain various bankruptcy-related programs in the district, as requested by the Court; and
- To consider or initiate any matter related to bankruptcy that it deems appropriate.
Information regarding the LAC, including its By-Laws, the names and contact information for its Members and the Meeting minutes may be found by accessing this link: https://www.flsb.uscourts.gov/lawyers-advisory-committee